Designer of Chrysler logo

SherwoodK@xxxxxxx wrote:

......You are correct on the introduction of the Pentastar. The man who was in charge of the new logo was Fran Cogsdill at Chrysler. I believe there is a great story on the logo in the Ward's 1964 annual -- at least that's what I remember.....

I was going to hold out on announcing it until it went up, but I recently submitted the 65 Wards quarterly to the website crew that does image scanning, and there is a pretty OK, if dry, report about the "Corporate Identity Change" that had just taken place at Chrysler for those in the industry that had missed all the details.  We'll post a link here on the list when it goes live in a month or so.

Sherwood gets triple bonus points for knowing about that 39-year old article.  It seems to be a pretty scarce item, and I sorta lucked into it.

Kenyon Wills
San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area

1973 Chrysler Imperial  --   >http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1973/Wills/index.htm

Do you Yahoo!?