'57 Brake Problem

Hello Tim
when I restored the brake systems for Imperial -59, the problems was the same.
When I used the brakes  pedal it reached to the floor in a second!! At last, after days of work and frustrations  I found out that the rubber cups in all the cylinders was to old and I think they was to soft and damaged by o corrosion from the brake oil to.
I changed the old rubber cups and know my brake is in a good condition.
By the way, I will rebuild the system this year to two circle system

Maybe this information can help you to solve your problems

Regards
Anders, Sweden

Imperial 4-door HT -59
Dodge -59