POR-15

Hi All!..just got back on the IML so I may be getting into the thread about
POR-15 in the middle somewhere but I just wanted to add my 2cents....there is
a 'newsletter' style letter/magazine that I get called AUTO RESTORER. A few
months back there was a comparison test done with the POR-15 product and the
equivalent from EASTWOOD, a restoration supplies comany that many of you
probably are familiar with. The gist of the comparison was that the EASTWOOD
product was much more effective and easier to use than the POR-15. I,
personally, have not used either one so I can't say whether or not
this 'test' holds up based upon personal experience. I mention it here only
since I was surprised at the tests results ....I had thought the POR-15
product was 'good as gold' based upon the ads I had read (naturally, slanted
one way, but what the heck!). Soon as I can locate that issue of the AUTO
RESTORER I will gladly share the article with anyone who is interested. Just
contact me directly (dan.donna.m@xxxxxxx) so we don't waste everyone else's
time. If you are interested in getting a subscription to this 'guide' , their
Customer Service office is out of Boulder, CO Phone# is: 800-365-4421 or
email a request for a copy of an issue to: "faqncy@xxxxxxxxxxx and
enter "AUTO RESTORER" in the SUBJECT field.
as an FYI, the yearly rate is 45.00 for 12 issues but, as a NEW subscriber, I
managed to get a special !!!!! $19.00 rate for the first year. I also get
renewal rates of either 25.00 or 29.00 (I can't remember which it was!) so
ask the person you speak with if you should call them up. The
newsletter/guide is NOT a CHRYSLER or an IMPERIAL publication but I have
found it interesting reading and a few good ideas/items in its pages. For
example the article of comparison tests between the different car
wax's/polishes I thought was worth the cost of the subscription all by
itself!!! But thats just me, I guess!!!
Anyway. Hope everyone has a GREAT and a SAFE New Years.
Dan 7 Donna Melnik-Home of Brandy & Cinderella ('66 convertibels)