Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Even at This Late Date

A couple of years back, I went to a Mopar show in San Antonio TX, only about 80
miles south of Austin, all through interstate driving.  As I was getting closer
to the place, I kept on passing chargers, cudas, and challengers, and as I was
getting closer and closer, the frequency I was passing them seemed to increase.
 I recall I was cruising between 75 and 90, while all the "performance" A
bodies and B bodies were on the slow lane doing 55-60.  Why?  Because they had
the "performance gears" on them, and at 70 mph they would be doing 3000-3500
rpm, so they had to slow down so they could hear each other talking.  What they
mean with the term "performance" is a car that sits in the garage all week
long, and every once and a while (usually saturday) they take it to the drag
strip for a whoping 1/4 mile of WOT driving.  Because these "performance" cars
are not much good for anything else, they drive their modern junk the rest of
the week, which means they have monthly payments for a cheaply built and
usually rather slow car or a roll over SUV or pickup truck.

No thanks.  I 'd rather have the speed, luxury, safety, and styling of the
Imperial, even if I can't burn rubber on the stop lights like these
"performance" cars seem capable of.

Don't bother sharing that to your parts house clerk.  Just hope one day you
encounter him driving on the highway.  Just pass him and smile.

D^2, 2x68s