maximum wheel rim width for '55 Imperial?

maximum wheel rim width for '55 Imperial?

 There is more to consider than just the width of the wheel. You have to
also consider the offset of the wheel. Considering the same tire diameter,
or height, the more offset the wheel has the closer to the fender the
outside of the tire will be in a turn. However, the less the offset, the
closer to the frame and fender apron the tire will be. Then there is the
leverage against the suspension springs. The more offset, the more weight
equivalent there is to the springs. This causes the vehicle to sit a little
lower than before and will need to have the front end realigned to
compensate.
 Then there is the tire pressure. Considering the same size tire on a wider
wheel, you will need to run a little higher pressure to keep the tires from
wearing on the edges, as with lower pressure with wider tires on standard
wheels to keep them from wearing down the middle of the tread.
 I think the wires would look good on there but there is a little more to
consider first. Just do a little more research with someone who knows
tire/wheel specs.

Have an Imperial day,
          Russell Sullivan
                    1966 Crown Coupe 2 dr ht