413 vs 400 engine swap-Why?

I can think of no reason why you would need to change the
bellhousing.  However, during the thread I've lost track of
the year of your car, if it is an early one with the
extended crank flange your trans won't bolt up anyway to the
late model motor unless you fabricate some sort of extension
or adaptor for the crank.  You'll need the oil pan and
pickup from the 413 as the sump is further forward on the
400.  You'll need to either change the water pump housing
and all front accessories to the 413 stuff, or you can keep
the 400 stuff, have your radiator modified or replaced (the
lower spigot will be in the wrong place), and have a power
steering adaptor hose made.  If you decide to change to the
four barrel carb, you can still get adaptors to use your 2
barrel manifold, or this would be an opportunity to put an
aluminum intake like a Performer on for weight savings.

--
Bill Parker, South Central Indiana
'62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart Convertible (Kathi's car);