413 vs 400 engine swap-Why?

I met someone last week who bought an Imperial that had been switched from a
440 to a 400. It was after that that I started really paying attention to this
thread. He sounded like he wanted to find a 440 to put back into it. The car
seemed to run fine and it looked pretty normal under the hood, but he wasn't
seemingly happy with what he had, even though he bought it that way. It sounds
like this is one of those personal choices that people need to make.

After reading all of this, I think that the best advice to anyone who asks for
it would be to rebuild and keep the original, or the original type engine in
the car. It sounds like it would be cheaper to replace an older engine with a
newer, more modern one, but when it comes time for resale, this doesn't appear
to be an asset.

Anyone who already has, or wants to do this, may as well do what they want and
enjoy, after all it's their car. There certainly doesn't seem to be any
shortage of pros, cons, or opinions about it.

Paul