tires - surprise source?

Umm.  Anyone been to COSTCO lately?  I got a house tire - KIRKLAND - from them 18 months ago that had a nice whitewall and seems to ride OK.  I put some on Imperial Margarine the '73 and I didn't notice anything worth commenting on, and they look like they belong on the car.  Price was good too, although I don't remember what it was.  Walls are still white.  I got my money's worth, and they installed them lickety-split.  I shopped Firestone and remember their price being higher by enough for me to be willing to take whatever teasing came if someone noticed the embossed name on the tire, which isn't that apparent.  Nobody noticed, so don't start in on me now....

If anyone were to be marketing tires for our cars, the numbers might point to mass merchandisers who focus on price and draw the crowd that drives old cadillacs and lincolns?  Probably a few Imperials in there too, but not in the numbers of our esteemed comptetitors' cars.  Take a look next time you get drug to Wal-Mart for geraniums or whatever....

Kenyon Wills
San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area

1960 Chrysler Imperial -->http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kenyon/Page01.htm

Do you Yahoo!?