Brake booster & duct tape

I thought it was about time I took the Imperial for a short drive today, since it hasn't been driven in almost a month. I wrapped some duct tape around the brake booster where the split was, and amazingly the car was running much better, and the brakes were touchy once again. I realize this is a very temporary solution, but at least it gave me a taste of what the car will perform like once I get the brake booster rebuilt. It was still sputtering a bit, and died out at a few stoplights, but I think the carburetor may also need some help. At least it gives me some hope for the near future, and without having to rebuild the engine.

Bill '59 Crown