Driveline supports and trans mounts

When the drive shaft center bearing support breaks the drive line will pound up
and down on the floor board under acceleration. You can hear it and feel it.

When the transmission support mount breaks the sensation is quite different.
The transmission will shift from side to side when cornering. Norlmally there
is not souind with this, just feeling. In cars that have accelerator linkage, a
bouncing feeling will also be felt in the throttle. On cars with an accelerator
cable this will not be apparent.

Paul