From: Philip Brust [mailto:pbrust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 1:22 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: daily driver

Rich-
Like any recent American FWD car, the last Imperials are prone to some
expensive component failures. The ABS system could cost you as much as $1100
to fix, the transmission is $1600 or so for a Mopar reman unit (don't waste
your time on independent rebuilders), and the two axle air suspension can
get expensive, too.
So, for $2600 I'm concerned that you'd be buying yourself some expensive
maintenance that seems to come around the 100,000 mile mark. On the other
hand, if you want a FWD Imperial, buy it...I enjoyed my 1990 for eleven
years-it was a pleasure to drive.
Phil Brust
73 & 82 Imperial