69 Imperial fuel line.

--- jsadowski <jsadowski@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is a rubber splice in the fuel line below the
> front door that is not that obvious unless your
> really looking for it. Well, I lost about 2/3 tank
> of gas on the ground because this hose started
> leaking & I didn't notice for at least a week. I
> touched the hose & it crumbled into lots of pieces.

John makes a good point -- and I would STRONGLY
encourage everyone to check ALL of the rubber pieces
of fuel line between the carburetor and the fuel tank,
especially if you're not sure if these pieces have
ever been replaced.

Depending on the year, there may actually be several
pieces of rubber fuel line between the carburetor and
the fuel tank.  Over the years, these pieces can
develop small leaks or even completely crumble.
Replacing them is cheap and easy--good insurance, in
other words!

As a side note, a few years ago, my '71 Imperial
developed a rough idle.  After trying lots of other
fixes, I happened to notice that the rubber fuel lines
at the gas tank (the '71 has the "Vapor Saver" system
with about seven pieces of rubber fuel line at the gas
tank) were cracked and seeping.  It turned out that
the fuel pump was actually pulling air INTO the fuel
line, cause problems with the idle.  Less than $10
worth of fuel hose and about an hour of my time not
only fixed the idle, but also made the car MUCH safer.

Elijah