69 Imperial fuel line.

I just discovered something that I should have checked a long time ago, since I had a 69 Imperial in the early 70's & this same problem happened. There is a rubber splice in the fuel line below the front door that is not that obvious unless your really looking for it. Well, I lost about 2/3 tank of gas on the ground because this hose started leaking & I didn't notice for at least a week. I touched the hose & it crumbled into lots of pieces. By the time I managed to get a piece of hose & a couple of clamps from the garage, I probably lost a couple of more gallons & had gas running down my arms while trying to quickly make the repair.
       Back around 73 I looked out the window one morning & saw something was leaking down from the driveway & into the gutter. It turned out to be that same rubber hose. I don't know how many years use this but probably 69-71 at least. If you've never checked or changed this, you may want to have a look before its an emergency repair.
John