58 HEMI spark plug recess

The tubes, when I pulled them out with the loosened plugs were not too bad,
it was when I put my compression tester into the S_P hole that I noticed
that all this sludge had creeped into and over the opening that bothered me.
  This was constantly being plunged into my compression tester during
cranking.

           Dave