58 HEMI spark plug recess

Hi all,
My 55 had the same problem when I tuned it the first
time.  I just pulled the tubes and cleaned them in
solvent. After they were cleaned and new plugs were
installed the car smoked for the first few minutes
after start up.  I was told by a mechanic that worked
on these cars for years that: this is general practice
in the automotive industry for the early hemi.
RC  Billings, Montaaaanaaaa

 --- Hugh & Therese <hugtrees@xxxxxxxx> wrote: > Dave,