Coolant Recovery Kits & Expansion Tanks

>"Actually, its usually the opposite (assuming that the timing is not
>advanced so
>much that causes the engine to knock).  As you advance the timing, the peak
>cylinder pressure and temperature increase"

I experienced just the opposite, I advanced my timing which noticably
increased my low-end torque but I noticed my engine temp was running 10 to
15 degrees hotter.. I was considering a larger heat xchanger but the forum I
was yakking with recommended a timing retard.. it worked (ran cooler) but I
decided to add an expansion tank and let it run hotter cuz it was more fun
to drive (it did have headers and a larger cam).