Those pesky derby people!

  |There can NEVER be a positive side to putting a car of any kind in a =
demolition derby. The key word here is "demolition". It is so =
destructive. I thought classic car enthusiasts were concerned with the =
preservation of antique, classic, and specialty automobiles. It is a =
disgrace to us that so many view the Imperial and large Chrysler cars as =
the ultimate derby car. If there was a positive side to this =
destruction, then why don't we see '57 Chebbies or '59 Caddies or Shelby =
Mustangs? I think a station wagon would make a good derby car, so how =
about putting that '55-'57 Nomad in there? Any takers for derbying a '65 =
GTO? If these people absolutely HAVE to derby, then why not set up =
national rules to limit the types of cars allowed?  How about old used =
up police cars and taxi cabs? That would certainly equalize the playing =
field  (similar to NASCAR)and put the emphasis on driver talent, not how =
big and bulky the car is.
  There, Ive said my piece.|

Keith