From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Radiator overflow reservoir

> The earlier cars did not have overflow kits. At that time, the top tank on
the radiator was called the "expansion tank" and was NOT supposed to be
filled to the top when cold. If it is working correctly, the coolant level
is correct, and the right pressure car is used, the top tank will not
overflow.

> Obviously, as our cars get old, they may tend to run hotter, and a coolant
recovery system isn't a bad idea anyway, but if everything is as it should
be, it is not necessary. An ongoing overflow problem would be an indication
that something else is wrong.

> Paul
>
> In a message dated 11/9/2003 9:16:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
alacaria@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> > Donald;
> >
> > I have an overflow on mine. I do not know if it came with it. I would
not believe it did, but it is old. And it fits on the back side of the front
grill area in between the egg crate grills on my 56 It actually uses bolts
that are factory to the car. It fits like a glove like it was mad just for
the Imperial. I will get pictures and send them to you.

> > Anthony
> >

> > At 08:41 AM 11/9/03 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> > I would like to put overflow reservoirs on my 1955 and 1967 but have not
found a source for these, NAPA does not carry