Valve cover color

As far as I know the underhood components of '55 and '56 are mostly black with
various "stick on" labels. The generator and starter also have metal appliques
that have either a red or a green background depending on weather they are 6
('55)or 12 ('56) volt. I haven't had my '55 as long as the '56 so I am not as
familiar with that year, but I would say that they should be the same. One of
my '55 sedans did have copper color (not repainted) ignition wire covers, but
my guess was that they had been removed from a different Chrysler Corporation
car. I believe that some of the other "Hemi" cars may have shared the ignition
wire covers in different colors, making them interchangable.

Paul