Back at home

We've returned from almost 3 weeks of touring the northwest, and are slowly
recovering from the trip.

Thankfully, our home is still here - phew!  We had put off our vacation trip
until after the fire season (we thought!)

We stopped to see Leslie K. on the Oregon coast - and enjoyed an evening
with her and Bob.  They have an absolutely perfect beachfront home - and a
healthy business in town - really a nice setup.  Leslie has done an
excellent job in restoring her 67 Sedan - it looks great and runs good too -
she drives it frequently so it's not a garage queen!  How she finds time to
work full time at their business, restore a car (now they're working on a 68
Ford Station Wagon), and still do all she does for the IML is a wonder to
me!

On our way toward Idaho, after leaving Florence (Leslie and Bob's hometown),
we passed through Eugene, and while enjoying a gourmet meal at the local
golden arches, I looked up from my 2 -  99 cent cheeseburgers to see the
tail end of what looked like a twin to Leslie's car driving by!   So if the
member who was going north on Gateway at Beltline around noon on October 29
will speak up, I'd like to complement him on his car - it looked really
great out there with all the little toy cars!...

Dick Benjamin