Calendars & cafe Press

This is the heart of the question.  What is their specific objection?

An image of Snoopy or a Road Runner are trademarked.  Whoever owns the
trademark owns the rights to the specific representation of these
images (in other words, you could make a cartoon about a beagle, but it
couldn't look exactly like Charles Schulz's beagle).  But you can take
pictures of a child holding a Snoopy toy or a guy standing beside his
Road runner all day long.

I guess the question is, are you using the images of the cars to sell
or promote a product?  Yes, so maybe . . . maybe there is some logic
there.  What if you simply accepted $20 "donations" for the IML and the
person making the donation received a free complimentary calendar as a
thank you?

Mark
trying to think like a lawyer