Sent: October 24, 2003 8:23 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Bad news for my '59

Today I received the bad news from my mechanic that my '59 Imperial has very poor combustion from two cylinders now, and a leak in the brake booster, which would account for its lack of power lately, and poor braking. Now I am faced with the decision to either rebuild the engine, and brake booster, which will cost anywhere in the area of $5,000.00 for the engine alone, or store the car for a while until I have some time to shop around, and accumulate the funds for this undertaking. I am going towards storing the car, since it is becoming difficult to keep driving, having to put it in neutral at each stop light so the engine does not die out. My question is does 5 grand sound like a lot to rebuild an engine, and that is most likely the minimum with this mechanic?

Bill '59 Crown