Electrical Help on a '56

Quoting Rob P <fristpenny@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I think somebody already explained.  The spark caused by the very high current
may be creating an insulating layer.  Tighten the electrode.  If the electrode
is corroded and cannot tighten any further, the fastest solution to eliminate
the problem is to install a piece of aluminum foil between the battery terminal
and the lead electrode.  This will act as a conducting shim and increase the
pressure between the terminal and electrode, as if you had tightened the nut.

D^2