1959 gear shift buttons

Same problem on '57 ! First the green clear plastic becomes darker with
age , second,  the small bulb doesn't help to illuminate the end of
buttons. If the "light conductor" (a polygonal piece of clear plastic or
glass enclosed in the bulb swivel assy) is dirty the light can't go to
the side of the button. With my poor original buttons, there was no
light at the end.. I've put much "newer" button but also add another
bulb (on the other side of the buttons) when the dash was out the car.
It's better but some buttons are less "lighted" than others.
Maybe with NOS buttons ?

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad