vapor lock suggestions?

Jason -

I had a problem like this in  Chrysler, younger than yours. They provided a
factory fix after several thousand complaints. We have all experienced this
problem for many years with a lot of cars. the problem is not the carb
mounting nor is it the fuel pump. It is the gas supply from the tank to the
fuel pump. Apparantly, the fuel pump cannot pump gas vapor; it tends to go
to a vapor on the way up to the pump. The factory fix was the addition of a
small electric pump installed in the tank and the problem went away. These
pumps were made by GM, but are quite simple and still available in many
places. Another fix might be to insulate the fuel line from tank to fuel
pump. Also, make sure that the fuel tank vent is functioning and its vent
line is working. I don't believe your '68 has either of these things on it,
but just for the heck of it, make some checks. Hope this might be some help
to you.......Bob Harris '81 EFI Imperial