Vinyl Welting and Dash Pad Stretching

Hello.. I was working on my interior and looked for welting .. The
upolstery shop that  was near by used what looked like weed wacker line
and wrapped vinyl around it .. I wasnt happy with the difference in
size .. , I went to the  local hardware store and bought some weed
wacker string that matched my old welting and wrapped vinyl around it
and it came out a pretty close match.. I of course had to sew the vinyl
together  .. but it wasnt that hard .. I am not an expert by no means,
it is just what i experimented with..