Exhaust 'y-pipes'

Hi Dan,
Something isn't right there. I pulled the exhaust off my 82 and it was on
jack stands (front only). I can't imagine what would be holding it up. There
is a hanger attached to the trans crossmember if I remember correctly, make
sure that isn't holding you up. Are both of the flanges (Y pipe to manifold)
loose? Can you rotate them? I will have a close look at my old Y pipe
tomorrow at the shop and see if it yields any clues...
William
83 EFi
Edmonton, Canada