Re: Re: IML: History repeats itself

This type of marketing has not changed over the years. At a local Ford
dealership they have a turbocharged Mustang Cobra in their showroom as a
traffic booster. As we know, most of the people who come to check out the Cobra
usually drive off with something much less expensive. Even most of the Mustang
buyers leave with six-cylinder models. So it was in the 50's, the showrooms
featured Chrysler 300s, Plymouth Furys, and DeSoto Adventurers to boost traffic
and sales of less costly models and body styles. A few years ago at a local
Chrysler/Plymouth dealership the only vehicles on their showroom floor were a
Prowler and a fully optioned Grand Voyager minivan that cost more than many
SUVs. The lot, however, consisted mostly of Neons. It is interesting to think
of how many Neons were bought by people coming to check out that Prowler. So
perhaps our Imperials may measure their success by how many Chrysler products
they helped to sell. Have a nice day.

Doug
1958 Crown coupe