thin rotor & leaky caliper

I have a 67  Imperial Crown.  I replaced the Budd rotors and calipers with
used ones.  The rotors I got seemed pretty thin but I got them turned and
put on.  The calipers were off an old car that was going to be demoed.  The
car drove fine for 2 months but now I have a leaky caliper on the passenger
side, which is the thinner of the  two rotors.  My question is would a rotor
that is too thin cause this caliper to leak by maybe making it do extra
work?  Or did my used caliper just leak cause its old?
please let me know. I appreciate your time.

William S. Burroughs
1967 Imperial crown