Cartier crystal on steering wheel

Tony Prefontaine asked:

>Hi  Gang
>Can someone tell me if the penstar crystal on the steering wheel of the
>1981 Imperial would have the Cartier name on it ??
>
>Thanks
>Tony Prefontaine
>Delta B.C.
>Canada

Yes, Tony.  The crystal on the steering wheel should say Cartier
across the bottom of it.  I believe the original crystals on the 'opera
lamps' were real crystal and also said Cartier.  I don't know for
sure as the ones on my 83 were missing, and I bought new ones
from the dealer, but I do not think they are crystal, and they do
NOT say Cartier.  (Their backing seems to be turning a grayish
color and looks worse each year -bah!  They were not cheap!!)

I'm guessing that the original key also had a Cartier crystal but
do not know for sure, as it is missing from my key.

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY  USA

imp1983@xxxxxxxx

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!