e-mail overload and Rules reminder - Suggestion

e-mail overload and Rules reminder - Suggestion

In a message dated 4/29/03 7:22:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jeff_ingraham@xxxxxxxxx writes:

SHORT LIST OF DON'TS:

3. No short, one-line responses like "Cool!" or
"That's right!"
4. No personal replies to the whole list - send those
to the person concerned.

I belong to about 6 different message boards which of course this is.  Unfortnately some people think it's a chat room and sadly don't know the difference. All the other lists have eliminated the above problems by the administration simply changing the reply setup from going to the whole list, to replying the the senders address.  That way, a lot of these personal messages that the same individuals repeatedly send to the whole list, only go to the person who posted the comment.  If you want to send it to the whole list you either have to cut & paste, type in the list address, or in some cases hit reply to all.  It's apparent that no matter how much you bitch about this problem, some people will never get the message, either due to laziness or not wanting to be bothered to learn how in the first place.  And please, don't tell me I can hit the delete button and take up my time when people don't change the subject line, or repeatedly send these personal messages.  In the month of April, clearly there were over 40% of messages sent to the whole list that shouldn't have been.  I hope the administration will seriously consider the change.  Thanks..............
                                                 Bill B>
                                                 1951 & 52 Crown Imperials