droopy dash

I posted this before, but I don't recall seeing it on the list, so here
goes again.

The 68s have a very prominent "brow" or sunshade above the dash.  It's
made out of vinyl and extends maybe 6" all the way across the top of the
dash.

On one of my cars this is perfect, but on the other one it's kind of
droopy.  If you were to look at it from the backseat, you would see it
dips down on the driver's side.  Not much, maybe only an inch or two.
And in some Imperials I've seen the brow will be kind of bent in the
middle, or really sagging.

Is there a way to straighten this?  I was thinking of putting a 2x4
under there and somehow bracing it along the length (by putting
something b/n the 2x4 and the floor) and then just leaving it there for
awhile to see if it would help, but . . . I'm doubtful this will help
much.

Anybody?

Thanks, Mark