April 6 NYB Update

Since I recently remove the lower dash portion from the car to access the
parking brake mechanism, I decided it was a good time to paint the metal
dash parts.  The dash parts had some rust spots on them and had alot of
surface rust on the back side, where it is not painted from the factory.  I
did go a little overboard on this but, that's just the way it goes
sometimes.  I hate seeing a rusty panel, even if it is going to be covered
up so I decided to cover the back of the lower dash panel with Corrolless.
In the first picture, you can also see the two holes that someone drilled
into the panel to mount an auxilliaary horn button.  I decided to fill that
with body filler and smooth it over.

http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/DashPaint/DashPaint1.jpg
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/DashPaint/DashPaint2.jpg
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/DashPaint/DashPaint3.jpg
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/DashPaint/DashPaint4.jpg
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/DashPaint/DashPaint5.jpg
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/DashPaint/DashPaint6.jpg
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/DashPaint/DashPaint7.jpg
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/DashPaint/DashPaint8.jpg
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/DashPaint/DashPaint9.jpg

I'll post pictures of the finished paint job as well as that on the top
metal dash cover later today.

The whole story may be seen here.
http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/index.htm

Brad Hogg
Winnipeg, Manitoba
http://www.nybclub.org/bradhogg/index.htm
1990 Chrysler Imperial 4-door Sedan (the KImperial)
1978 Chrysler Newport 4-door Hard Top (the Newporker)
1976 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 4-door Hard Top (the Black Beast)
1968 Chrysler Newport Custom 4-door Sedan (Grand-Dad's car)