News

Good news everyone!

For those who don't know, I have been having A604 and
related problems- lots of them. Enough to get my to
look for a car to buy as a back-up plan incase the
repair costs are too high.

Well, I took the car in. Aparently there were a few
problems, ALL OF THEM WERE FIXED:)

Well, the metalic grinding noise I was getting in
reverse? Was being caused by a broken engine mount
bolt. Aparently  my fun in the snow took out one of
the bolts (broke it right in half).

My shifting problems (down and upshifting) were due to
that bolt, and an other bolt which had SHATTERED. My
guess is that one of my small up-hill burn outs (which
can at times send me into limp mode) put enough stress
on the bolt to make it go to hell (makes you wonder
what metal they used, pot metal?!?).

The new A604 leak is being caused by a bad tranny pan
gasket. Which I'll be replacing when I replace the pan
and start playing around with the A604 this summer.

While digging around, it was found that ALL of the
engine and tranny mounts were dead- as in dead dead
dead dead dead. Then the two without bolts were even
worse.

Now, with it all resolved, the car runs great- better
then when I got it (must have had a weak mount or two
to start with). The car is much quieter, and runs very
very smooth. That A604 is fine (for now), and you can
fell it. Seems as if I gained 30-40 hp by getting this
all fixed, as the car accelerates much better, handles
better, etc. Those problems (that and being throw in
and out of limp mode almost randomly) must have really
been dragging down the car's power.

Started playing around with fuels today. The car
doesn't accelerate as fast with 87 octane then with
89/90. Don't have any timeslips to prove it (hell,
still got a good 6" of snow, so any tracks even
remotely near me as still closed for the winter...),
but I could fell the difference going up hills and
going from red lights I go through every day to work.

Got a little scared coming home from the shop
though... all my aftermarket gauges weren't working
(I'm thinking, what did the shop touch?). Get home,
start to remove the whole dash, when I think to check
the fuse (got to remeber to stop using those, lol). My
40 amp fuse going to all my gauges and things was
blown (ok, what happend at the shop? Time to get a
paperclip... wait... cars use batteries... bad
idea....). Only had a 5 amp fuse, hope it will due
until I restock my fuse stash.