Experts?? Was: Why I Love Old Cars (long read)

Experts?? Was: Why I Love Old Cars (long read)

> Okay, that wasn't a moral, it was a complaint.  Here is the moral: If
> you get the wrong part, IT WILL MESS YOU UP.  Secondary moral: Just
> 'cause they talk like an expert, don't mean they is.  Third moral: take
> the old part with you & compare (I knew that, but forgot it).
>
> Mark M

Thanks for sharing, Mark.  I'm glad I'm not the only one on the 1:3 ratio.
(For every problem you resolve, three more evolve.)  The more I get into
this hobby, and now related occupation, the more I have found that most
folks are blustering buffoons with neither the experience nor the book
learning to back up much of anything they say.

It is not my function on this planet to correct misconceptions.  I encounter
know-it-all customers all day and I just go along with them.  Life is short.
There are one or two members of my local club you can almost bet on to be
completely wrong.  You may also bet they are the most "willing" to give
advice but least available to help when someone needs it.

A good mechanic or parts man is hard to find.

Hugh