1967 Door switch panel light

No, you don't have to lift the handle to see it.  It is way back, up under
the "flap," or angled part of the armrest just behind the handle.  It is
almost to the edge of the little glove compartment that's located in the
armrest, and I believe it's on the side nearest your hip (in other words,
not on the door panel side).  If you see a screw right behind the bronze
plate that surrounds the switches, it's just behind that.  Mine is covered
by a thin plastic which diffuses the light and also reduces the bulb's
output.  It's main purpose, I believe, was to allow you see the door handle
as you're groping around in the darkness, trying to open the door.

MM