Power windows

From: "Dick Benjamin" <dickb@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Power windows work alla time?
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:24:47 -0800
I would find it very odd that the LeBaron was any different than the Crowns
or Imperials in 1968 - I'll check the FSM to be sure, but I suspect your car
has been modified, D squared.

I believe this was a safety mandate for 1968, to prevent little fingers
getting guillotined when daddy wasn't sitting in the car.

Dick Benjamin

I would agree with Dick that something in the car has been changed.  The power windows in my 68 coupe only work with the ignition in the on position.  When I purchased my 71 New Yorker the power windows were changed to work all the time.  I discovered that the lead at the fuse block had been changed from the correct tab to one that is an accessory tab that is powered all the time.  I don't mind that the windows work with the ignition switch off, but it is a little of a safety issue.

Happy Motoring

Dale 68 Crown Coupe
60 New Yorkers
71 New Yorker