Amusing

Hello Hugh,
I can remember as a child riding my bike about six or seven miles to the next town where there was a Chrysler dealership.  I did this several times during the summer of 1959, and for the exclusive purpose of viewing new Imperials, each time bringing back a new Imperial brochure. I remember there were usually two Imperials on the showroom floor at almost any given time, and maybe another out on the lot. The showroom usually had a convertible, and hardtop model, and also was shared with Chryslers and Plymouths. I believe the dealership was called Skokie Chrysler / Plymouth, but made no mention of Imperials, which tells you how aggressive Chrysler was in merchandising it's flagship model. This was in a fairly affluent northern suburb of Chicago. I was probably the most effective salesmen of Imperials at that time, and could out do any salesman at that dealer. I even started an Imperial club with the neighborhood kids, and we would go door to door telling neighbors about the Imperial. Now that I look back, my neighbors must have viewed me as a curious child. Oh well, it took a few years, but I finally got mine!
Bill '59 Crown