need idler arm for 69 IMPERIAL

--- Chris Boekhout <charger69@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fuselage Idler arm?
>
> Here are your options :
>
> NOS   part # 2835853 (this part number is permanently etched into every
> fiber of my brain, after an exhaustive, fruitless search ) Mitchel's has
> them, but hold on to your wallet.
>
> Good used... GOOD LUCK!
>

> Have yours rebuilt...
>
>   My advice? Spend the $200 and have yours rebuilt, your friendly NAPA
> store
> can send it out for you, other places show them in their books, NOBODY
> I've
> found has them in stock, they need to send yours out to be rebuilt. The
> ONLY
> place I've found to rebuild these is  http://www.rareparts.com/
> That's
> where NAPA, and any other place on this planet sends them.
>
> Chris

I just went through the same research and rareparts.com is the only place
that does it.   Some places mark it up - I was quoted $250+/- at most bay
area places.

Gonna have to pay them to rebuild it unless you can find a NOS one.  If
one comes up on ebay, everyone else will be gunning for it and it would
make sense that it'd come close to the $200 for a rebuild, maybe more for
someone who's NOS-nutty.

There was a 72 Polara that got pulled into the junkyard across the street
from work 3 weeks ago.  I was not allowed to even look at it as I trailed
it into the yard (4pm) till they had processed it and had the gas tank
removed, etc.  I went back at 11 am the next day and guess what was
already gone?  Idler arm and front discs. Maybe we're not alone?

Send that sucker out to rareparts.com.....

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious

San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area