60 imperial paint/brining back a shine

Clay

Before you revert to rubbing compound try Maguire's Three Step process.  It
takes a bit of elbow grease but I think you will be pleased with the results.

I used it on the trunk lid of my 1953 Imperial which was really dull and
badly oxidized. I didn't expect any great results and was I surprised.  I am
now using it on the rest of the car and it is working beautifully.

Turtle wax also puts out a product called "2001" and it too does a great job
of restoring a nice shine.

                                                       Good Luck
                                                             Quint