Little Red Lights

>Dan et al
>
>You have hit on a subject that i have long questioned but not acted upon,
>after opening the door of my 82 when i am just about to swing my leg into
>the
>car the two red  (brake, alt) lights come on and go off in a flash.
>I always thought this was another Chrysler random element but maybe it
>is because i am not always looking towards the dash or in daylight the
>lights
>do not shine brightly enough to gain my attention.

Neil,
Do you mean after you sit in the car, or before? I think the 81-83s have
some kind of a "butt sensor" to turn the dash on when you sit down. Mine
does, but the idiot lights don't light up when your behind hits the seat.
My idiot lights, for example the high temp, only light up when you turn the
key to start. Not when there actually is no coolant in the car and it
overheats and blows a head gasket.
Rob