----- Original Message -----
From: "A. Foster" <monkeypuzzle1@xxxxxxx>
 You could do the conversion to Kelsey Hayes brakes from the Budds  but from
what I have read it is not worth the time or the money, especially if they
came off of a Chrysler. On top of it all you will need to carry two spares,
N.Y'er has a different wheel bolt pattern. If it was a 71' Imperial it might
be a little more pratical but you will still have to swap an extensive list
of parts.
 The cheapest and easiest way, by far, would be to rebuild the 68's original
calipers and modify the hubs to accept mid eighties Toyota Supra rotors. The
Supra rotors are the same diameter, same thickness, and use the same bolt
pattern, and cost $60 to $80 a pair. If you use the ones off a 71' New
Yorker everything will be used so everthing, brake related, will need
rebuilding or replacing anyhow. Take a look at "Mike Pittinaro's adventure"
on the brake repair page on the main website.