Generator cradle here!! Inquiry on 2-4barrel set-up

Generator cradle here!! Inquiry on 2-4barrel set-up

Hello list. I got my generator cradle from Powerplay Hemi yesterday. It is
slightly different than my original one. Perhaps they took it from a 354
rather than a 392. I fitted it against the generator and the intake manifold
and it appears to fit just fine. I wanted to ask my fellow '58 owners as well
as the other folks of the IML what they think of two-carb set-ups. I've
noticed several two carb intakes for a 392 have come up for sale on e-bay
recently. Some are as little a $50. These are the original factory units not
the Weiand knock-offs. Once again I've been bit by the two-carb bug. Wouldn't
a set-up like this look good under the hood? I would only do it if I could
find the original equipment. I would like to hear from owners of dual-carb
cars such as the 300s as to the pros and cons of such a set-up. Converting a
58 Imperial to a dual-carb set-up may seem whacky, but remember that just a
few days ago someone wanted to turn their hardtop into a convertible so don't
beat me up too bad. Thanks fellows. Bye for now.

          Doug
          58 Crown coupe