Putting out car fires

I had a fire in my engine compartment - I don't recall how it started - but
I was somewhere where therre was no phone , and the only thing I had in the
car was 100 oz bottle of tide... since it wasn't water I put it on the fire
- it cleaned all the nasty off the engine - and after I replaced the wires
that had melted the car smelt great when ever the heater was on,
I know some of you will be laughing for sure - but it worked and I was
probly very lucky