Please WELCOME Michael Shatz (had 1956)

New Subscriber(s): Michael G. Shatz
Email Address is: shatzm@xxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: San Antonio, TX

Car(s) owned: 1956 Imperial C73 4dr Sedan. The car was Hunter Green with
factory air conditioning and a rare Torqueflite 3 speed transmission.  I no
longer own this car, but have a love and appreciation for these outstanding
cars.

Self-Introduction: I am a Chrysler FANatic.  I had owned a 56 C73 4dr sedan.
It was a beautiful car painted Hunter Green. The car had factory air
conditioning and a rare 3 speed Torqueflite transmission.  It was a late
model year car.  It was built during the time when Chrysler was trying out
the Torqueflite transmission in their New Yorker, 300, and Imperials to see
how well the public liked them.  They did.  In 57 all Chryslers and Imperial
had the Torqueflite, the best automatic ever made.

I found the car at a gas station and was intrigued.  I really wanted another
56 Chrysler, but really took a liking to the Imperial.  I bought it for
$800.  I did some work on it to get running again after sitting idle for 4
years.  I affectionately called it "The Monster". I had the car for 10 years
and loved every minute.  Sadly, my wife (at the time) and I divorced and I
had to let the Imperial go.  I know where it is, however, it would take a
total restoration to bring her back to her former glory. If I ever could, I
would but it back and restore it.  What an awsome machine.