58 engine and tranny color

April,

The answer, as far as I know, is entirely silver for both engine and
transmission.  I am forwarding this reply to the Imperial Mailing List to
have this confirmed or denied.  I have seen pictures of these cars with
certain items in black, like the oil filler cap and the spark plug wire
covers, but believe this is not correct.

I think there is a stand color called "MOPAR ENGINE SILVER."  Again I hope
someone will confirm this as well.  There part be a code number for it.

In passing the interior of the fenders and the fire wall should be the same
color as the exterior of the car.  Certain attachments are black, like the
A/C compressor, the generator and the air cleaner.

Have I seen pictures of your father's car?  I would really like to see some.
I never came across a 58 Imperial I did not like!  with your permission, it
would be great if we could add pictures of his car to the Imperial web site.
I'd like to add them to my own site as well, if you don't mind.  Both sites
have a lot of surviving 58 Imperial pictures but there is always room for
more.

You can e-mail pictures to me and I will take care of sharing them.  If you
don't have any ready to send, you may e-mail them to me, I can scan them and
return them to you both by mail and e-mail so you will have them available
to share in the future.

Hugh