Second thoughts, was Re: IML: 1973 idler arm conversion problem - Franke

Second thoughts, was Re: IML: 1973 idler arm conversion problem - Franken-Imperial

You know, initially, my thoughts were parallel to what Dick B. just said.  But
I thought about it some more.  For the same angular motion of the pittman arm,
the idler arm linkage will move at a wider angle if it is shorter.  But the
passenger side steering angle will probably not change much, not as much as I
thought at first.  If the stock lengths of the stock geometry and the new idler
arm is provided, the difference in the steering angle range (before and after)
can be calculated.  What I would need in addition to the lengths of all the
linkages is the aproximate anglular motion range of the pittman arm.

Then again, the effort to go and take all these measurements may be more than
cutting and extending via welding the Chrysler unit...

D^2