touch a hot stove once...

I'll bet most of us have a story to share regarding "classic car dealers".  I touched that hot stove once and really got burned.  The dealer in question was in Pompano Beach, FL.  I was buying a '64 Eldorado convt. from Sunshine State Conertible Heaven.  With a cheesy name like that, I should have known better!  I can't believe I fell for the guy's ruse.  When I finally met this guy face to face, I realized the sleezebag I had been dealing with over the phone.  He had all my money as he couldn't "ship it til it was paid in full".  Thank God my car hauler I was having built was finished in time and Russell and I drove down to Pompano to get the car.  It looked nothing like the pictures we had received and it had huge paint blisters and horrible rust in the trunk! The once pristine wood panels on the doors were covered in contact paper!  To keep this nightmare brief, we did get our money back (our attorney had to write two letters), and we did find another Eldo ('66) while down there.  We bought that one.  I will never, and I mean NEVER, buy a vintage car unless I or someone I trust an awful lot looks at, drives and has a mechanic check the car I am interested in.  Classic car dealers or used car dealers, call them what you want, you have to see and check out a car first.  Buying a car from pictures (even a video) and not traveling to see it is a sure fire way to get burned.  I'll stay away from that hot stove!

Greg
Mobile, AL (where it actually sleeted yesterday)!