the 'modified' imperial

I am with Tristan l00%.  A car becomes a personal thing, and it is expected to meet our own personal expectations if it is going to give us pleasure.  We don't fix up old cars because we have to for basic transportation, that is what they do in Cuba.  I have often upgraded brakes, as I will not drive a front drum brake car on today's roads.  Two large firms make front disc brakes for just about everything.  Just open any enthusiast's magazine and view their offerings.  Likewise, l2 volt electronic ignitions are proven performers.  Likewise, why have a generator on a car.  Simple brackets will support an alternator, brought out by Chrysler in l96l on Valiants.  When I upgrade, I try to use the newest part that will do the job; that way the parts houses will stock the part for a much longer period. 'Hotrodding' is not a dirty word, and there are many cars that would have wound up in crushers, were it not for imaginative people.  When the fuel injection on my 8l Imperial was found to be roasted to a crisp under that elegant air cleaner, I did not think for one second where to look for a replacement.  I dropped the gas tank, replaced the fuel lines front to back. removed the manifold and all that plumbing and wiring, and replaced the mess with an Edelbrock Intake and Performer Carb with electric choke.  My Imperial starts every time, goes like stink, and I can count on it.  The glovebox of this car was full of replacement parts reciepts and labor charges.  The owner had parked the car l0 years ago in disgust.  I feel better now!