1960 'Auto-Pilot' Light Bulb

Hi IML:

Happy New Year!  I have a question for my fellow 1960
owners, whose cars are equipped with Auto Pilot.  Have
any other's attempted to change the bulb which lights
the Auto-Pilot dial?  I did, and am trying to find out
how to 'secure' the bulb once it's been replaced..

As you know, it's jammed up above the steering column,
beneath the metal shield extending from the instrument
cluster.  The bulb is attached to a metal 'hook' with
a 'semi-oval' opening.  This in turn fits over a
similarly shaped, groved post which runs paralel,
above the steering column.  Needless to say, it's very
hard to access...

After nudging the 'hook' free with the tip of a pen, I
tied a wire to it, and gently dragged it down through
the dashboard so I could change the bulb. Confirming
that it worked, I then got it back up using the same
wire.  I was even able to get the hook back onto the
post, and indeed the light shines through the
translucent 'digit' on the dial (looks great)!  BUT...

I cannot figure out how to SECURE the hook onto the
post!  When I turn the Auto-Pilot knob, the attached
post turns just enough to jiggle the bulb/hook free
from the post.

There was no cap or nut, holding the hook onto the
post when I took it off, and yet (having observed it
while contemplating this over several weeks...) it
remained stationary.  Using very thin implemeints,
I've tried forcing the metal hook far back onto the
post, but the housing still 'wigles' forward when I
try to turn the Auto-Pilot knob.

Have any other IML owner's tackled this one
before...?  Any suggestions?

Again, best wishes for the New Year!

Jim Byers
60 Le Baron Southampton